Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Santa

Last weekend we went to see Santa. After our experience last year:



I tried talking up Santa as much as I could. We talked about what Santa does (brings presents on Christmas morning), what he says ("Ho-Ho-Ho, Merry Christmas!") and that we would sit on his lap and smile for the camera (which to that Maggie said "Oh boy, oh boy! It is going to be so much fun!")

Not so much. We were the last picture before Santa had to go feed his reindeer. We gave Jack & Maggie a few seconds to warm up to the big guy and Jack even gave him a high five. When it came time to sit on his lap though, neither one was having it. I couldn't even get Maggie to loosen her grip and say hi. Santa took charge, stood up and said, "How about Mom & Dad, you sit here on Santa's chair with the kids and I will stand next to you for the picture?" And here you have it:



Jack was perfectly content with this idea, I had to tickle Maggie to get her to even appear interested.

No comments:

My Blog List