Monday, August 17, 2009

1 Month Old!

Happy 1 Month Birthday Maggie and Jack! A month ago today my life changed forever, and I can't even imagine it any different. The babies were great today. Jack is 5lbs 4oz and Maggie is 4lbs 6oz. Maggie is double her birth weight.

Jack is still struggling with bottle feeding and reflux issues, so he has been put onto a pump feeding to try and help give his little body a break. The pump pushes his feeds over a 30 minute period of time and helps keep the air out and relieve any reflux he might be experiencing. He is also spending some time hanging out in a boppy after he feeds, to keep him sitting up...again for the reflux. The idea at this point is that he is just still young and his sphinxer needs time to mature.

Maggie is now taking her entire bottle. She is slow and steady with it, and doesn't have any reflux or breathing issues. When Daddy tries to feed her she gets too comfortable and goes to sleep, so I've been feeding her. (I think she and Daddy came up with a convenient plan...) Occasionally half way through her feedings she stops and takes a breather, and lets out the biggest belch from such a small little lady. I love it!

There has been some talk recently of Maggie coming home sooner than Jack since she is progressing with her feeds. We aren't exactly keen on this, but we know that should Jack stay behind it would be for the best. I certainly don't want to bring my baby boy home if he is still turning blue every time I feed him. For now we are just sticking to our one day at a time plan and we'll see what happens.

Jack 1 Month Old


Maggie 1 Month Old


Maggie and Daddy


Jack and Maggie 1 Month Old

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they are soooo precious! - Aunt Jan (Pittsburgh)

My Blog List