Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy 27th Birthday to Me!

I turned 27 today, and it was a great Birthday! Brian and I both slept in, though I still had to get up and pump. We had breakfast together, enjoyed some quiet morning time and then started our day. We spent the afternoon with the babies. It was a great day for them too.

Both are now free of oxygen tubes and their isolate temperatures have been lowered to the same as the room. They are wearing these cute t-shirts and as long as they continue to hold their body temperature on their own- they will come out of the isolates and go into open air cribs in 24-48 hours! Not only is that great for us, because we'll be able to hold and get to them with more ease, but then they will be in a crib together- they've not been together since they were born. Both Jack and Maggie have started learning how to latch on for breastfeeding and I'm hoping in another week or two they will be able to start actual breastfeeding, which would mean eventually they can lose their nasal feeding tube and be completely free of tubes! My little beans are growing so much and getting stronger each day!

Jack



Maggie


After spending the day with the babies we met up with Brian's parents for dinner at PF Chang's. It was yummy, and I enjoyed sharing dessert...this huge chocolate cake.


And of course, I got presents. I got a scrapbook organizer from my parents, a gift certificate to Mitchell's Salon from my great friends Chad and Erin, and cards from my many wonderful friends and family. Brian and the babies got me a under cabinet mount LCD TV for the kitchen. It is awesome and I can't wait to get it installed. It tilts, plays DVD and CD, has an HD receiver, wireless remote and we can hook it up to cable! Another super cool gift was from my in-laws, season tickets to this years musicals at the Aranoff. Among the season is Legally Blonde, Spring Awakening and Mary Poppins! I'm super excited, my mother-in-law and I are going to have so much fun!!

This Birthday has been awesome, and I can't believe how different from last year. I'm a Mommy this year! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Sarah

My Blog List