Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm home and set free from the restraints of University Hospital. It feels great to sleep in my own bed, use my own bathroom and relax in my own setting. It's the little things you miss... :) I came home to a nice welcome from the girl across the street. She made a "Welcome Home Tina" banner above the garage. And then inside the house, balloons were on display.


Tuesday was a big day getting home, settling in and trying to nap before heading back to see the babies. Fast forward to this evening. I've been able to hold both Jack and Maggie. They are such sweet babies.

Maggie is our petite, yet wild child. Her weight is at 2lbs 10.5oz, which is .5oz more from her birth weight. She is off her oxygen and may even be able to have her PIC line removed soon. She is tiny, especially compared to her "little" brother, but she has quite the personality already. I love finding her at the edge of her isolate, already testing her boundaries. She smiles often and loves her pacifier. She doesn't like to be jostled awake, but once slowly awoken she is sweet as can be.




Jack is our calm, but strong boy. His weight is back up to 3lbs 2oz, only 1oz from his birth weight. He is successfully on just oxygen through a cannula line, and his feedings continue to increase each day. My favorite thing to watch, his when he pulls his cannula out of his nose and puts it in his mouth. Cracks me up! He is holding his own with body temperature and we hope he can come out of his isolate in the next week or so. He is bigger than his "big" sister, and we are starting to notice slight differences between the two of them. Jack always has a peaceful look on his face. He is like his daddy, calm and happy in the world.




Brian got to change Maggie's diaper- his first diaper change EVER. Then later that night while I was pumping, he held her to have her weight checked. She was naked and decided to poop all over his hand. I missed the moment, but from what I gather it was pretty hilarious!

Last evening we each got to hold the babies together.


Then this evening we held the babies again, and Brian held them together.


I love holding them and never want to put them back. :) So for now all is well in the world, and I couldn't be happier to have my little family!

No comments:

My Blog List